Our mission is threefold:
- Be a unifying and enriching force in our community by delighting audiences with profound a cappella choral music performed at the highest level.
- Provide a forum for world-class musicians to practice their art in an ensemble setting.
- Ensure the future of choral music in society through educational outreach, offering free admission to students and teachers of music, supporting the work of charities that further music education, and inspiring the next generation of professional choral artists.
What we believe
- Live music performance is a life-giving and enriching force for good, for both audiences and singers. Music, like all art, has the ability to convey emotions and truths about the human condition which cannot otherwise be communicated. Further, live ensemble performance in particular is a profoundly unifying act, as it creates communities in daily life for both performers and audience members. For those who are religious, it can bring us closer to God through oneness and love. For those of us who aren’t religious, live music performance can be a profound act of collaboration with fellow men and women in the pursuit of beauty and truth.
- The human voice is the only living instrument and is distinctively powerful in its ability to communicate because it comes from within us.
- There is a vast body of a cappella choral repertoire that is underperformed that can connect deeply with a modern audience.
- Like our kindred spirits in the “slow food” movement who oppose the industrialization of the food chain and its adverse effect on the health of both body and community, we believe that digitization and mass-production of music can rob communities of life-giving enrichment. Perhaps we are first and foremost believers in “slow music”… a healing “slow food” for the ears and soul that we believe every community needs.
- Ultimately, the responsibility for proving the value and relevance of the music we love falls on musicians—it is our charge to be entrepreneurs, advocates, and ambassadors for our art.
"It was so wonderful that you came to our school and talked to kids about what it takes to be a
professional performer. It was such an awesome opportunity to hear such a wonderful group!" -Britany